View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 19:12   #9 (permalink)
Steve
Pixalo Crew

Steve is just really nice
Steve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really nice

Image edit - ASK
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
I haven't changed the 10D colour space from default, or the elements 2 setting from default. I assumed the camera would be on sRGB by default, and haven't figured out the Elements 2 package just yet.
Check that the 10D is set to sRGB in the menu and also check Elements2 to see that you have it set to either sRGB (preferable) or to do not assign a profile. The second option should use the EXIF data for the working space and on saving it use sRGB which should show up correctly for web and everywhere else that does not read colour profiles. Your problem definitely lies with a colour profiling mismatch but Elements is not to blame, it is the only item in your post processing work flow that is behaving correctly.

Quote:
With the D1 i had to assign the colour space to NTSC and then convert the convert it to SRGB with every shot to lose the infamous magenta cast. I assumed with the 10D i'd not have to do this.
I canít coment on the D1 but the only colour casts that you should see with the 10D are from incorrect white balance settings

Quote:
I've not done any printouts yet, but all photos look lighter in PS than any other nethod of viewing them.
This again tells me that it is purly down to colour profile mismatch.

Quote:
Adobe Gamma loadup is in my startup group - should it be?

Thanks guys
Yes, run the application from within the control panel and set up your gamma and colour to match it, it will guide you through several simple screens and instruct you to make slight alterations on the way. Once done it should give you a fairly good base line standard from which you can work or if you prefer you can tweek it slightly.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote