View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 11:58   #1 (permalink)
Steve
Pixalo Crew

Steve is just really nice
Steve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really niceSteve is just really nice

Image edit - ASK
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
How to use the Members Gallery a step by step guide

How to use the Members Gallery – a step by step guide.

In the following posts I will guide you through uploading photos in to the member’s gallery and also how to display them properly in posts on the forums by using the new photo popup function. At the end I will also show you how to clear any photos you may have waiting in your gallery photo queue.

For ease, the posts have been split in to four sections.

Part one – (this post) Gallery upload screen overview and functions.
Part two – Step by step guide to uploading photos.
Part three – Displaying photos in forum posts.
Part four – Clearing your photo upload queue from the gallery.

Overview of the gallery upload page.

I’ve added the red numbers so that you can easily see and locate the sections. Below is a brief overview of what each one does.
  • 1. & 2. allow you to select where your uploaded photos will be stored.
  • 3. This area allows you to select your photos from any location on your computer. Up to 10 photos can be selected in total, one on each line.
  • 4. Here you enter a title for all photos you are uploading.
  • 5. Here you enter a description for the photos you are uploading.
  • 6. If your photo is mature in nature (contains nudity for example) please select ‘yes’ from the drop down menu here.
  • 7. You can add some relevant keywords here.
  • 8. Once all of the above is completed simply click this button to upload the photos from your computer to the Members Gallery.
  • 9. If you already have your photos online somewhere, instead of using option 3. you can retrieve them by inputting the correct internet address here.
  • 10. Leave everything blank and tick this box to simply clear any previously queued photos.
  • 11. If you wish to be emailed when others comment on your photos in the gallery, select ‘yes’ here.
  • 12. This allows other members to rate your photos – options are yes/no.
  • 13. By changing this option you can prevent or allow members to comment on your photos in the gallery.
  • 14. Same function as 8. above.