View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 23:19   #9 (permalink)
Larne
Forum Regular

Larne has a spectacular aura aboutLarne has a spectacular aura aboutLarne has a spectacular aura aboutLarne has a spectacular aura aboutLarne has a spectacular aura aboutLarne has a spectacular aura aboutLarne has a spectacular aura aboutLarne has a spectacular aura about

Image editing O.K.
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: Saving your Photos.

In the end you have to decide how much it would hurt it you lost your pictures, that will then determine how much you are willing to spend.

As someone who shoots for clients as well as taking my personal work fairly seriously I have a fairly robust system. I have an external drive on my Mac mini where I store working copies of all my files. I then have a 'Network Attached Storage' with RAID 1 (which means that even if a drive fails then I shouldn't lose data) and on top of that I backup to DVD at the end of each month. So every piece of data exists in three separate locations and two of those are physically separate as well - in two different buildings. I am even considering storing my DVDs at a third location but am not sure if that would be getting too paranoid
Find my website here - Photography by Niall Pagdin
Larne is offline   Reply With Quote