Thread: Colour . .
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2011, 20:21   #3 (permalink)
Dave Canon
Forum Regular

Dave Canon is just really nice
Dave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really nice
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: Colour . .

It is important to have a clear idea about what your final photograph should look like so that any editing is to achieve that and not just for the sake of it.

I enter competitions so need to edit to improve my images. Some of the changes may be very slight but others substantial. I used to "edit" images in the darkroom many years ago and the principles are similar but the possibilities are now huge.

With regard to your specific question, it not possible to know what most photographers do but I would expect almost all competition photographers to at least make tonal adjustments to most of their images. However, I do not think that it is necessary to increase the saturation for most images. Some camera settings for JPEG users do increase saturation as Graham suggests. I use only Raw myself so I decide all of the changes needed. Very occassionally I find a shot that does not need any tonal or colour editing and may only require a little sharpening.

http://www.image001.co.uk
Dave Canon is offline   Reply With Quote