View Single Post
Old 15-03-2013, 16:30   #13 (permalink)
Dave Canon
Forum Regular

Dave Canon is just really nice
Dave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really nice
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: Canon 7d firmware update ?

There are two ways to update, you can download the update files and install via a CF card but I think the best method is to use the Canon EOS Utility by connecting your camera to you computer via a USB connection. If you use the EOS utility, it will show you your current firmware version number and you can ask it to update the firmware but do follow instructions from the Canon website.

For my 20D, I have never updated the firmware because the changes were not of any significance to me so why risk it. For my EOS 5D Mkii and have updated it using the EOS utility at least twice. This is because the first few updates corrected problems and/or added new features which I might wish to use. More recent updates were not of interest though.

My advice would be to first establish what version you have and thus what advantages that you would gain by updating. I think that the risks are very low if you follow the Canon guidance and I found that it was clear and detailed.

http://www.image001.co.uk
Dave Canon is offline   Reply With Quote