View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 01:15   #2 (permalink)
Boofers
Loves the place

Boofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the roughBoofers is a jewel in the rough

Image editing O.K.
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: Tip for the (landscape) photographer

Wow Graham very timely and well done overview on these rings that stick. The part about useing very light pressure then twist, most of the time this works for me. You covered this very well. . Also I am leary of the graphite leaded pencil. Althought it is good an idea for lube to keep unstuck. I would suggest that after you apply the pencil around your threads lightly one time at an up wright side angle, wipe the threads once around with a soft cloth or better a cotton ear swab. Then twist the new coupling togather slowly going back and forth to burnish the thread fit. I do this last part twisting back and forth lightly to break the hard paint, usally the cause as they are hard painted which makes a tight fitting thread. Doing a test with metal rings at first start they are started, then use one finger to spin, if easy to spin all the way down and back up they should never stick. Remember the graphite will still work very well after a wipe around, alitte bit goes a long way and you have a good chance of keeping it off your lenses. I blow these with a good size ear syringe. Thanks again Graham as we all know and dislike sticky threads.

Resting and enjoying all the colorful pictures
Boofers is offline   Reply With Quote