View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 10:38   #1 (permalink)
blackadder
Forum Regular

blackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of light
blackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of lightblackadder is a glorious beacon of light

Image edit - ASK
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Canon 24 / 105 L IS Mk 2 test

Well I managed to get some images from my new lens and am very impressed. Posted in members gallery as people images.
Compared to my Mk1 it is better in every way, less flare, better resolution, better contrast, less distortion, quicker focus, better stabilisation. The only niggle is at the moment I find the new hood fiddly to fit but it may just be tight from being new. The hood also has a lock so it can't come off on it's own, and there is a zoom lock, I haven't used that as I am always altering zoom to fit the subject and it would slow mw down.
I have taken images at 24mm. 70mm and 105mm, the one that shows the best result I think is the one of the corn dollies, while the jpeg conversions show "jaggies" at 400 X zoom, in the tiffs there is just clean lines and no fringing etc.
To sum up........ I like it!!
blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote