View Single Post
Old 14-12-2016, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
Dave Canon
Forum Regular

Dave Canon is just really nice
Dave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really nice
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: Resizing photos?

I have also taken the view that once I have completed editing in 16 bits, I may as well convert to 8 bits for final storage the printer only needs 8 bits. I do have a few exceptions which are usually multi-layered images and it has been hard to make a final decision. For these I store as 16 bit multi-layered PSD files just in case I may wish to re-edit. However, I should emphasise this is probably no more than 1% of my final images as I usually make a clear decision and rarely re-visit old images. Of course, I always retain the original Raw file. As far as similar images such as different views taken at the same shoot, I am very strict and delete the unwanted almost as soon as I upload them. I also temporary back up all of the uploaded Raw files for 3 months or so but have never yet needed to search for a deleted file. Like Colin, once I choose the best of the group, I have no need of the others.

Resizing is not particularly very user friendly from Elements but both Lightroom and PS have easy to use features to create images for different outputs. Personally I use Export in LR to create images for projection as and when needed but I do not store these JPEG files as I can create more from the original Tiff when needed.

http://www.image001.co.uk
Dave Canon is offline   Reply With Quote