Thread: Nikon jpegs
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 10:26   #7 (permalink)
Dave Canon
Forum Regular

Dave Canon is just really nice
Dave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really nice
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: Nikon jpegs

The rendering profiles in LR (or Adobe Raw) are unlikely to be identical to those used by DPP but all of these are an approximation because each model and each individual camera is different. However, you can create a bespoke profile for your camera which I have done using the X-Rite Color Checker Passport. The profile is identified by camera serial number so you may have many profiles and LR will always automatically apply the correct profile. I even have a bespoke profile for my infrared camera which made an enormous difference. These profiles are loaded with other Adobe profiles and available to LR, PS and Elements.

I have always said that such accuracy is probably only required by a few professionals (fashion photographers and some product photographers) or amateurs like me who enjoy the technical challenges. I know a wedding photographer who uses two D800's and has bespoke profiles for both. Prior to that, the images from each camera were sufficiently different that critical clothing looked different in different shots. This was an editing headache which has gone away now both cameras have bespoke profiles and thus the rendered images are almost identical.

http://www.image001.co.uk
Dave Canon is offline   Reply With Quote