View Single Post
Old 30-09-2018, 15:14   #8 (permalink)
colinmac
Feet under the table

colinmac will become famous soon enoughcolinmac will become famous soon enoughcolinmac will become famous soon enoughcolinmac will become famous soon enoughcolinmac will become famous soon enoughcolinmac will become famous soon enough

Image editing O.K.
User's Gallery
Re: Printer printing with blue and pink tinge

A few years ago I bought a cheap Epson printer scanner off Epson about 40 as it was the last of the old model. I just used it for copying and printing letters etc. with compatible inks and it worked fine for a year or so and then jammed up. Bought a new one and used Epson inks and no bother since. Compatible inks are not cheap in the end. But Epson inks have fairly gone up so much in price it is cheaper to get prints done commercially. I recently bought some Epson inks for my R2400 printer and was sorry afterwards when I worked out how much commercial printing I could have bought for the same money never mind the cost of paper and the ones I spoil .

I recently upgraded my computer to WIN 10 and now my R2400 printer gives a very dark print even though I have downloaded the new drivers for WIN 10. I am waiting for a friend who has a high end calibrator to come and profile the printer for me. He has not been too well recently but is on the mend now so should be here soon. Personally I do vey few prints now since I am no longer in the camera club. But it is very satisfying to print the odd print for oneself, bit like the old darkroom. But I will never buy another printer and I doubt I will buy the inks either I will go the commercial way. I think most people in clubs are doing this already.

Colin.
colinmac is offline   Reply With Quote