View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 23:38   #5 (permalink)
Dave Canon
Forum Regular

Dave Canon is just really nice
Dave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really niceDave Canon is just really nice
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: photos of pictures in frames

I have had to take photographs of photographic prints and paintings in the past but do not own any studio lighting. There are now many choices of artificial lighting that you could use but I have always chosen outside on the north side of a building i.e. in the shade. You will have to set your White Balance to suit but I only use Raw so adjustment can be later. I almost never use any filters but this is one case where a polarising filter may be necessary as Stephen advises. It is much easier to remove reflections at the capture stage. As for settings, I would use a tripod so a low speed can be used with a low ISO and no chance of camera shake. You can probably just use your normal method of exposure though I would normally meter grass or a grey card and set the camera manually for this.

Dave

http://www.image001.co.uk
Dave Canon is offline   Reply With Quote