View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:06   #25 (permalink)
VikingPhotography
Forum Regular

VikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of light
VikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of lightVikingPhotography is a glorious beacon of light

No Image editing
User's Gallery
Users Camera Equipment List
Re: What is on your wish list?

Steve

Modern CF card technology is now at a stage whereby they're very stable.. well, at least for the likes of Lexar and Sandisk - so I don't really have any qualms about using large capacity cards. You just have to make sure that you don't do anything daft like trying to remove a CF card from a camera whilst data is still being written to it and you'll be just fine

Also, software such as RescuePro (bundled with Sandisk cards) has negated my fear of such a thing happening: I tried running it for the first time recently and it pulled shots off my CF card that had been taken back in November! - this despite many formattings and shoots since then!

It must be said that a 4GB is generally accepted as the 'sweet spot' for professional work since, at that capacity, you can easliy back up a full card of shots to a single DVD disc.

With the advent of HD-DVD and Blu-ray technologies this will slowly change. My money is on HD-DVD insofar that it's completely backwards compatible with the current formats, and it's 16GB writeable discs will make a very handy way for me to back up shots from a pair of 8GB CF cards

Something else I'd love to see developed is a slim, HDD based beltpack that would allow you to shoot to card and simultaneously send the same shot to the pack's HDD. Wedding and event photographers would fall over themselves to buy such a device and - if they figured out a way to house an 802.11n transmitter in the same pack (with about a 200m range) - it would be THE killer accessory for the professional and enthusiast shooters.
VikingPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote