Old 21-11-2006, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
thili
New here

thili is on a distinguished roadthili is on a distinguished road

Image editing O.K.
User's Gallery
Re: Sri Lanka

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the wonderful introduction of Sri Lanka. I hope Jason will be able to get some cool set of photos.

BTW, at the moment we’re experiencing bit of rainy climate is here Jason. Some days, 3-5 hours continuous shower is there. Few lakes and tanks are overflowing and due to that some of the low lands are flooded. Also few landslides reported on the hill country area too.

So if you’re planning to visit hill country cities like
“Bandarawela”,
“Nuwara Eliya”,
“Ella”,
“Badulla” or
places like “Horton Plains” and “Hakgala” Botanical garden,
or Devon, St. Clair, Ravana, Dunhinda, Bakers, Diyaluma or Bambarakanda Waterfalls (Well there are lot of Waterfalls but I just mentioned the major ones),
travel with caution.

But if you’re traveling with an experienced travel agent, he’ll guide you well to avoid trouble areas. Anyway please make sure you have enough protection to your valued equipment from Rain and bit of high moisture. Especially I advise you to have a good rain gear. The monsoon season we’re experiencing now is not that difficult with high winds, but continuous rain can be expected at any time of the day.

Following link is an article about Horton Plains (FYI) JOURNEY TO THE END OF THE WORLD: Sri Lanka's Horton Plains

Apart from the list Nathan provided, we have Yala, Minneriya, Kawdulla, Wasgamuwa and Uda Walawe wild life parks where you can see lot of wild elephants and other animals like peacocks, deer and crocodiles. If you’re really lucky you can see wild leopards at Yala as well.
Sri Lankan Wild life Parks Virtual Library - Sri Lanka - WILD LIFE, FAUNA & FLORA

And down south beaches also a wonderful place to relax 
I think Sri Lanka holidays and hotel booking service have more information about places.

Hot Air Ballooning also available if you feel lazy to climb the Sigiriya Rock Adventure Asia Int. Sri Lanka

I’m just a beginner for Photography but if you have enough time just have a look on my photo page; you’ll find few of the places I describe above.
Beautiful Sri Lanka - a photoset on Flickr

Wish you all the Best Jason.

Thilina
thili is offline   Reply With Quote