|News: Discuss Fujifilm X-Pro2 Camera Body Firmware Update Ver.2.01...X-Pro2 Camera Body Firmware Update Ver.2.01 Please read the followings and update the firmware. Notes · Please read this update ...|
Welcome to the Pixalo Photography Community. As a Guest you are free to browse the site, but see what extras you get as a Member here.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|08-11-2016, 23:50||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dunstable Bedfordshire UK
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Camera Body Firmware Update Ver.2.01
X-Pro2 Camera Body Firmware Update Ver.2.01
Please read the followings and update the firmware.
· Please read this update after refreshing this page.
* In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the "Control" key and "F5" key.
* In case of Macintosh (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the "Command" key and "R" key.
* In case of Macintosh (FireFox), hold down the "Command", "Shift" and "R" keys at same time.
· The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 2.01.
* Refer to "2) Firmware version checking procedure" in the "Detail of firmware update steps" below to check the firmwawre version.
Detail of firmware update steps
· Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
(If you don't use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance.)
Camera Body / Lens Firmware Compatibility Table
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.2.01 from Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issues:
1. The phenomenon is fixed that AF function doesn't work well in the tele-photo area with XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
2. The phenomenon is fixed that hung-up could happen when carrying out SELECT FROM NETWORK LIST of MANUAL SETUP in PC AUTO SAVE SETTING.
3. The phenomenon is fixed that Flash i40 made by Nissin for FUJIFILM doesn't fire.
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issues:
For detail about functions marked with (*), refer to "X-Pro2 New Features Guide[Ver.2.00]".
X-Pro2 New Features Guide[Ver.2.00]
1. The NUMBER OF THE FOCUS POINT has incerased.(*)
The options available are 91 POINTS(7x13) and 325 POINTS(13x25) on the NUMBER OF THE FOCUS POINT of the AF/MF SETTING in the Shooting Menu.
2. Improvement of phase detection AF accuracy.
By employing the new AF algorithm used in the X-T2, the AF accuracy has been improved.
3. AF tracking function has been improved when CONTINUOUS L in the AF-C mode.
4. In AF-C mode, AE function will work while pressing the shutter button halfway.
5. AF tracking function works while CONTINUOUS shooting in the AF-C mode with the Electronic Shutter.
6. AF tracking function works while CONTINUOUS H shooting in the AF-C mode instead of zone AF.
7. STILL IMAGE(single frame shooting) is available when CONTINUOUS L in the AF-C mode.
8. The focus point of Eye Detection AF has been changed to the eye closer to the camera.
9. Compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.(*)
Additional functions like the multi-flash lighting, high-speed flash sync and so on can be used with the EF-X500.
Accordingly, the FLASH SETTING and the Shooting Menu is dramatically changed.
10. The items that can be assigned to the Quick Menu have changed.(*)
FLASH FUNCTION SETTINGS and FLASH COMPENSATION have been added due to the compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.
11. The roles that can be assigned to the Function buttons have changed.(*)
FLASH FUNCTION SETTINGS, TTL-LOCK and MODELING FLASH have been added due to the compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.
12. Addition of AUTO POWER SAVE.(*)
AUTO POWER SAVE option has been added to the POWER MANAGEMENT of the Setup Menu. Select ON to save the power consumption and make the battery life longer.
13. Addition of setting time in AUTO POWER OFF.(*)
15 SEC, 30 SEC and 1 MIN have been added to the AUTO POWER OFF of the POWER MANAGEMENT in the Setup Menu.
14. S.S OPERATION option has been added to BUTTON/DIAL SETTING in the Setup Menu.(*)
Select OFF to disable the shutter-speed fine-tuning using the command dials.
15. Change of the CORRECTED AF FRAME in the OVF.(*)
Specification of the CORRECTED AF FRAME of AF/MF SETTING in the Shooting Menu has been changed.
·OFF:The frame moves according to parallax to show the focus point.
·ON:The CORRECTED AF FRAME in the OVF is fixed on the recommended value described in the Owner's manual. If the minimum focus range of the attached lens is greater than the recommended value, the frame is displayed on the position of the minimum focus range.
*Upgrade the firmware of the lenses after the firmware of the camera is upgraded.
Camera Body / Lens Firmware Compatibility Table
16. The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases the magnification of the OVF doesn't switch appropriately when a lens is changed.
17. The bright frame movement in the OVF has become more smoothly while zooming in and out.
18. OIS function has been improved while using Electronic Shutter.
19. The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases frames of live view on a smartphone drop while using the application software "FUJIFILM Camera Remote".
20. The phenomenon is fixed that exposure sometimes doesn't change appropriately in Aperture Priority AE while using an M MOUNT ADAPTER.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fujifilm X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition Camera Body Firmware Update Ver.5.00||dabhand16||News||0||08-11-2016 23:48|
|Fujifilm announces new firmware update for the x-pro2 and updated xf lens roadmap||dabhand16||News||0||07-07-2016 08:53|
|X-Pro2 Camera Body Firmware Update Ver.1.01||dabhand16||News||0||25-03-2016 10:04|
|Fujifilm announces new flagship x-pro2 mirrorless camera||dabhand16||News||0||15-01-2016 16:48|
|Further firmware update coming soon for FUJIFILM’s flagship X-Pro1 camera||dabhand16||News||0||28-11-2013 08:28|