|Site Guides and Rules: Discuss Guidelines for the Photography Market Place...Market Place Rules and Disclaimer Please note that Pixalo can accept NO responsibility whatsoever for any deals done on this ...|
Welcome to the Pixalo Photography Community. As a Guest you are free to browse the site, but see what extras you get as a Member here.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|08-03-2007, 08:10||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Guidelines for the Photography Market Place
Rules and Disclaimer
Please note that Pixalo can accept NO responsibility whatsoever for any deals done on this Forum. All transactions are between the buyer and seller.
The following must be included with every new thread.
1. The title given to each thread must be relevant to the goods for sale. Do not title threads as "Steve's clearout” or “loads for sale" etc.
2. A price with all items on offer, or if a swap is required, clearly state what you would like in return for your goods.
3. Give an indication of where you are based (Country and City/Town) The Internet is a global market place and distance/boundaries have an affect on postage costs.
These rules are provided to help you enjoy this section of the forums in relative safety. Ignore them at your own risk.
To bring transparency and add protection to both sellers and buyers all deals must be completed out in the open via posts in the market place section of the forums. Private Messages or email options should be used only at the completion of the deal for exchanging of private information such as bank details, email and home addresses and phone numbers etc.
Once negotiations have been started between a seller and a potential buyer, no other member should join in the thread until the seller indicates that either the sale was completed, or that no deal was made and that the item is still for sale.
As soon as you and another party strike a deal then immediately exchange e-mails providing both parties with the following information:
1. Full Name
2. Full Address and Postcode
3. Telephone Number (NOT Mobile)
4. Confirmation of details of the trade
5. Payment Method
6. Clearly state your understanding of when you expect the money or goods to be sent
1. Preferred and alternative email addresses
2. Mobile Number(s)
Print out or make a note on paper of the contact details of the above details. It is not unheard of for people to lose such information stored on a PC due to a virus or hard drive failure.
Should there be any delay in completion then both party’s will have full contact details to hand.
The For Sale, Wanted and links to your best deals section is provided as a free service for Pixalo members. It is for the use of private individuals to buy and sell their own personal property. Commercial Trading, i.e. buying and selling of items specifically for profit, is strictly prohibited. Anyone deemed to be buying and/or selling excessive quantities of items will be classed as a Trader and they will have their Pixalo Forums account removed.
By using these forums you are accepting the above rules. If you are unsure about anything then please contact one of the Crew beforehand by private message or email.
• Include item in thread title.
• Conduct all negotiations in the thread.
• Price all items or state what you would consider swapping it/them for.
• If placing a wanted ad, indicate the price you are willing to pay.
• Include your geographical area.
• On conclusion of a deal exchange e-mails as indicated above and print a copy for reference.
• Update your thread when the item is sold.
• Ask for offers. (Other than ono).
• Use the Market Place (or any other forum) for commercial purposes.
• Use PM’s other than at the end of any dealings to exchange personal information.
• Use the PM system to make offers or enter an existing on-going negotiation.
• Start more than one thread for each sale or wanted item.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rules and guidelines are for ???????||chickadee||Site problems, Ideas and Suggestions||2||22-04-2007 14:04|
|The Market Place Section||SDK^||Site problems, Ideas and Suggestions||5||05-03-2005 17:32|