|Site Guides and Rules: Discuss Photo Critique Forum Rules...Rules for the Photo Critique Forum Why this Forum ? "Photo Critique forum" is where members can obtain in depth, ...|
Welcome to the Pixalo Photography Community. As a Guest you are free to browse the site, but see what extras you get as a Member here.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|08-03-2007, 08:08||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Photo Critique Forum Rules
Rules for the Photo Critique Forum
Why this Forum ?
"Photo Critique forum" is where members can obtain in depth, considered detailed advice and critique.
• Nude shots for critique are allowed only in the Artistic Nude and Glamour forum as long as they are within the Rules for Nude shots at Pixalo. If you want critique for your pictures, ask for it in your post. Tasteful nudes are acceptable but pornography is not. The Crew will have complete discretion on what is suitable and their decision is final. If you are in doubt, contact one of the Crew before submitting your photograph.
• Images displayed in the Photo sharing and Critique forums must belong to the poster or be posted with the copyright holder’s permission.
• Pixalo respects all copyright law; any images displayed remain the copyright of the owner at all times.
• While we can not stop people saving, copying or distributing any images shown here, we expect our members to respect the owner’s rights. If people are proven to be breaking these rules, they will have their account removed.
• Images posted should be no larger than 1024 pixels on their longest side and have a file size of no larger than 300kb. Off site links can be provided to larger images if you wish.
• Due to the more intensive scrutiny your images will be given, only post one new image per day. Images in a Critique thread that have been re-worked by using suggestions may be included in the same thread at any time.
If you want other people to be able to show you what can be done to your image rather than just tell you, Tick the ‘image editing’ check box at the bottom of the page in ‘edit profile’ in your user control panel. Seeing the changes that could be made to an image is the best way of improving your skills.
Please describe your images – tell us what you wanted to express in the photo, what goal you were trying to achieve, what you particularly like about the result, what you feel may be missing or flawed, special efforts you made. Please give as much technical detail as possible, such as focal length of the lens and other settings. Environmental conditions and any other details that will assist the viewer to understand your work.
A critique is not a putdown. Critical comments are meant to help you improve your work. Those posting critiques should keep this in mind; simple expressions of approval or dislike aren't enough to tell a photographer why you think a photo is good or bad. If you're willing to make comments, please post a few of your own images for us to see. Good posts of your own will give weight to your opinions.
When offering critiques or comments, please be candid, critical, constructive, and friendly. When reading them, remember that because web discussions lack facial expressions, body language and nuances of voice, the emotion and attitude you read from a message is often a reflection of your own feelings and are not necessarily what the poster meant.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Photo Sharing Forum Rules||Pixalo||Site Guides and Rules||0||08-03-2007 08:07|
|First Post to Photo Critique||Mala||Photo Critique||8||27-01-2007 15:49|