The Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 has a large angle of view (122 degrees super wide angle of view at 12mm along the diagonal axis) and is ideal for shootings indoor as well as landscape photography.
It has a variable angle of view from 122 degrees at 84.1 degrees. Four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements are provided for effective compensation of colour aberration, which is a common problem with super-wide angle lenses. Two pieces of Glass Mold and one-piece hybrid aspherical lenses offer excellent correction for distortion as well as all types of aberration. By effective arrangement of lens elements and advanced technology this lens has Super Compact dimensions of 100mm full-length, and 87mm maximum diameter.
It is equipped with Inner focusing system that will keep the length of the lens unchanged while controlling aberration. Equipped with HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor system and offering Full Time Manual Focusing. It has a minimum focusing distance 28cm at all focal lengths. This lens is equipped with an integral Petal-type hood to block out extraneous light
* Lens construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
* Focusing system: Internal Focusing
* Angle of view: 122.0 - 84.1 degrees
* Number of diaphragm blades: 6
* Minimum aperture: F22
* Minimum focusing distance: 28cm
* Maximum magnification: 1:7.1
* Filter size: Rear (gelatin filter insert type)
* External finish: EX finish
* Lens hood: Petal shape hood (non-removable)
* Dimensions: 87mm (dia) x 100mm (length)
* Weight: 615g